Friday 4 October 2013

STATEMENT EP out now!!



IT"S HERE BITCHES. THIS IS MY STATEMENT.

There comes a point in the life of all ballroom children where, if they want to become legendary on the voguing scene, they must make their statement. To make the progression from being a star, or a face at vogue balls, to being someone who is recognised for their talent. To build a reputation, to stake a claim on eventually becoming an icon, every child must make their statement. This is mine. 

I don't walk balls, I make music for other people to walk balls to. So my statement is not a look, it is not face, or a body or a dance or a dip or vogue femme: my category is music. My statement is right here in these tracks.

I'm not looking to simply ape the sounds of the New York legends - to be a true statement, I have to stay true to who I am and where I come from. That's why I seek to fuse elements of British grime and garage to the New York ballroom template. In the end they are all forms of the genre we call House, and House music is what unites all the children, no matter what their category. With my statement I hope I am showing respect for the original legends of house and vogue, while staking my own claim by pushing things forward. 



No comments:

Post a Comment